- What is EC-Council?
- What Certification does EC-Council offer?
- Does EC-Council offer training?
- What is the EC-Council certification all about?
- Where can I go to get certified?
- Is EC-Council’s certification vendor neutral?
- Does EC-Council support vendor specific certification?
- Does EC-Council support self-study?
- Where can I take EC-Council exams?
- How are your exams developed?
- What is the job role of a Certified e-Business Professional?
- What kind of salaries can an Electronic Commerce Consultant expect?
- What are the benefits of joining?
- What’s the cost?
- When I join, can I display the EC-Council member logo on my site?
- How can my company become an EC-Council Accredited Training Center?
- What kind of help does EC-Council offer for technical assistance?
- How do I start a local EC-Council chapter and what are the benefits?
- What is an EC-Council ATC?
- Can I get discounts on products and services?
- When do I receive my membership welcome kit?
- Will the e-Business certification help me earn more?
- How will certification affect my marketability?
- How long does earning e-Business certification take?
- How do I decide between an MBA or an e-Business certification?
1. What is EC-Council?
The International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) is a member supported professional organization. The purpose of the EC-Council is to support and enhance the role of individuals and organizations who design, create, manage or market e-Business solutions. We support our members by providing Electronic Commerce Consultant certification as well as educational, technical, placement, member advantage, and discounted services. We enhance our membership by providing a community where discussion and information exchange can operate freely in the context of mutual trust and benefit.
2. What Certification does EC-Council offer?
EC-Council offers 5 certifications:
1. Certified e-Business Associate
2. Certified e-Business Professional
3. Certified e-Business Consultant
4. E++ Certified Technical Consultant.
5. Certified Ethical Hacker
3. Does EC-Council offer training?
Not directly. EC-Council has education alliance members worldwide that offer training, often at substantial discounts to EC-Council members. EC-Council is working with education and training organizations worldwide to help insure that quality, affordable education is available. For information about our education alliance members please visit education section.
4. What is the EC-Council certification all about?
EC-Council offers e-Business certifications to professionals who are involved in designing e-Business web sites.
5. Where can I go to get certified?
Numerous educational institutions and training companies will be providing the EC-Council program. Please contact your nearest regional representative for a list of educational institutions in your area who are EC-Council ATCs.
6. Is EC-Council’s certification vendor neutral?
We work hard to insure that the EC-Council certification standards cover appropriate industry standards while remaining as vendor neutral as possible. Naturally some content is technology or vendor specific, but as a rule, only widely adopted technologies and standards are covered.
7. Does EC-Council support vendor specific certification?
8. Does EC-Council support self-study?
EC-Council does suports self study note cost in US Dollers, but EC-Council Malaysia doesnt supports Self Study as yet, but will be soon in future. Click here for more info.
9. Where do I take the exams?
EC-Council has partnered with industry leader, Prometric to deliver Certification exams. Prometric is a worldwide distribution network for computer-based testing services. With more than 2,500 testing centers serving 180 countries, Prometric’s network of testing centers is the largest network in the world.
10. How are your exams developed?
The EC-Council e-Business certification exams has been developed with the highest professional standards. The principles and processes employed by EC-Council conform to the Standards for Education and Psychological Testing. The EC-Council approach has been audited and validated by a psychometricians firm specializing in professional certification methodology. And all the questions on the certification exams have been reviewed and approved by a group of subject experts on behalf of EC-Council.
11. What is the job role of a Certified e-Business Professional?
The job role varies. Please check the job roles section.
12. What kind of salaries can an Electronic Commerce Consultant expect?
Around US$ 90,000 to 120,000 per year
13. What are the benefits of joining?
Please check the benefits section.
14. What’s the cost?
Membership costs US$80. Corporate memberships vary depending upon the partnership arrangement. You automatically become an associate member of the Council when you you pass any EC-Council exam.
15. When I join, can I display the EC-Council member logo on my site?
16. How can my company become an EC-Council Accredited Training Center?
Please visit ATP section.
17. What kind of help does EC-Council offer for technical assistance?
The members only section has resources for you to find assistance in answering questions you may have, such as the online forum and resource links on numerous subjects.
18. How do I start a local EC-Council chapter and what are the benefits?
We are looking into this area.
19. What is an EC-Council ATC?
EC-Council ATC is your link to EC-Council’s training and education partners who will be offering the e-Business certification training and testing.
20. Can I get discounts on products and services?
Yes, members receive substantial discounts on items such as books, exams, software, training, and more.
EC-Council does not sell or otherwise provide member information to any outside party.
22. When do I receive my membership welcome kit?
4 to 6 weeks after passing the exams.
23. Will the e-Business certification help me earn more?
Although increasing income isn’t the only reason for obtaining certification, it’s certainly a frequently cited motivator. In some cases, certifications can translate directly into increased rates.
But even when a certification doesn’t translate readily into a pay increase, it can be used as an effective tool to accomplish the same thing. Even if you’re not a consultant or contractor, as your technical skills grow, you can command a higher paycheck. That’s a fundamental of the job market. Your current employer can be “encouraged” to face up to your greater value. Or perhaps you might discover that to get that salary increase, you’ll have to move on to another position.
If you don’t parlay your certification into a raise in the short term, it will, nonetheless, add to your base of knowledge and qualifications, which should pay off in the long term.
24. How will e-Business certification affect my marketability?
As long as you choose the e-Business certification with your career goals in mind, it should serve admirably as a marketability booster. First, certification training listed on your resume demonstrates your ability and your desire to stay current; this is no small task in an industry where skills can become obsolete as quickly as they became cutting edge. Second, it shows that you take initiative, a trait many employers look for.
The computer field continues to be a worker’s market. Almost anyone who’s any good at all is able to get work. But when it comes to landing just the position you’re after, you’ll always benefit by differentiating yourself from your competitors, especially when it comes to the more desirable positions such as an e-Business consultant.
Technical recruiters report huge requests specifying a desire for individuals with e-Business certifications, such positions are beginning to show up with increasing regularity.
25. How long does earning certification take?
How long it takes is largely up to you. If you choose a route that includes one three-day class followed by an exam, then you’ll finish in less than a week. But to do this, you’ll either have to have a depth of knowledge in the relevant e-Business technologies already or select a certification that’s very narrowly focused. The bottom line is that earning certification can take a week, or it can span several years. It’s basically up to you.
26. How do I decide between an MBA or an e-Business certification?
You’ll have to undertake a difficult task: nailing down your goals. If working in a management capacity is important to you, the MBA might be the way to go, especially if you like to work for large corporations. Keep in mind, however, that an MBA doesn’t command as much respect as it used to. That’s probably because it’s become a more widely held and widely available credential, perhaps losing some of it’s value in the process.
If, on the other hand, you’re seeking increased pay and responsibility but aren’t necessarily attracted to the management route, an MBA might not do you a whole lot of good, and e-Business certification might be just what you’re looking for. People with top e-Business technical skills can command a premium in the job market because companies desperately need them to keep up with technology.