3 Days (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Number of Questions: 50
Passing Score: 70%
Test Duration: 2 Hours
Test Format: Multiple Choice
This course will be invaluable to software developers and programmers alike to code and develop highly secure applications and web applications. This is done throughout the software life cycle that involves designing, implementing, and deployment of applications. .Net is widely used by almost all organizations as the leading framework to build web applications. The course teaches developers how to identify security flaws and implement security countermeasures throughout the software development life cycle to improve the overall quality of products and applications.
- Student will learn .Net framework security features and various secure coding principles
- Student will understand .Net framework run time security model, role-based security, code access security (CAS), and class libraries security
- Student will learn various validation controls, mitigation techniques for validation control vulnerabilities, defensive techniques for SQL injection attacks, and output encoding to prevent input validation attacks
- Student will learn defensive techniques against session attacks, cookie security, and View State security
- Student will learn how to mitigate vulnerabilities in class level exception handling, managing unhandled errors, and implementing windows log security against various attacks
- Student will learn defensive techniques against path traversal attacks and defensive techniques against canonicalization attack and file ACLs
- Student will learn how to mitigate vulnerabilities in machine config files, mitigating the vulnerabilities in app config files, and security code review approaches
- Student will understand the importance of secure programmers and certified secure programmers, the career path of secure programmers, and the essential skill set of secure programmers
Who Should Attend
The ECSP certification is intended for programmers who are responsible for designing and building secure Windows/Web based applications with .NET Framework. It is designed for developers who have .NET development skills.